How Do I Reset the Check Engine Light on my RAM 1500?
Are you wondering how to reset the check engine light on a RAM 1500? It’s easy! Simply follow the following procedure:
- Disconnect the negative cable from your battery
- Wait 20 minutes
- Reconnect the negative cable
By doing this, you should reset the internal computer on your RAM 1500, and in turn, reset your RAM 1500 check engine light. In some older models, you may also need to drive your truck for up to 50 miles around Westlake and Round Rock to re-calibrate your computer. Note that when your battery is disconnected, it not only resets the computer, but also resets security and diagnostic systems as well.
Why is My Check Engine Light On?
You’ve seen how easy it is to reset the check engine light on a RAM 1500. However, it’s of the utmost importance that you determine what triggered the light in the first place! Learn more in this guide from Covert Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram.
From a loose gas cap to a faulty sensor, there are dozens of reasons why your RAM 1500 check engine light turned on. Browse our following guide to see a few reasons why your Ram 1500 check engine light may have turned on.
- Make Sure it’s the Check Engine Light: It seems obvious, but because there are so many lights on your dashboard, it can be easy to mistake the Service Required light, for example, for the Check Engine light.
- Check Your Gas Cap: This is the most common and simple cause for a check engine light. Simply unscrew your gas cap, and carefully replace it properly. Follow the reset procedure above and ensure your light resets.
- Check the Codes: Your diagnostic system generates a code when it notices a malfunction. A code reader will decipher these codes and give you a clear idea of what is causing it. DIY types can purchase one of a code reader to help take care of the problem, but most Leander and Pflugerville area drivers would rather trust the certified auto techs at Covert Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram.
Rely on the Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram Service Experts at Covert Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
No matter what is causing your RAM 1500 check engine light to turn on, you can trust the professionals at Covert Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram to get the job done right. Schedule a service appointment with our team to get any issues taken care of today. Explore our current service specials and to see how you can get a great deal on auto service near Leander, and contact us if you have any questions. Also be sure to compare the RAM 1500 vs. RAM 2500 to ensure you’re making the perfect decision for you.
From resetting your Check Engine Light or learning how to jump start a car to finding the best BBQ in Austin, TX, our team is always here to help!
More From Covert Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
The 2019 Jeep Cherokee interior offers drivers from Westlake and beyond an array of amenities and space to give their daily drives mode convenience and entertainment. No matter if you’re looking for cutting-edge technology features or ample cargo space, the new Jeep Cherokee provides. Explore the interior of this Jeep SUV, then make your way…
Are you wondering how to reset the check engine light on a RAM 1500? It’s easy! Simply follow the following procedure: Disconnect the negative cable from your battery Wait 20 minutes Reconnect the negative cable By doing this, you should reset the internal computer on your RAM 1500, and in turn, reset your RAM 1500…
At Covert Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, we offer a host of Jeep Wrangler features to update and upgrade your drive. From performance to appearance, accessories for the Wrangler will help you get ready for the streets of Round Rock and the trails of Leander. Learn more about customizing your new Wrangler at Covert Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Austin. Contact Us Parts Department Interior…