How Much Can a RAM 1500 Tow?
When your 2019 RAM 1500 is equipped to do so, you’ll be able to tow up to 12,750 pounds, earning Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing*. For 2019, the new RAM 1500 builds off and improves on the 2018 model year. Explore the RAM 1500 towing capacity and more, below!
RAM 1500 Engine Specs
Westlake drivers will enjoy choosing from three engine options on their RAM 1500. No matter which one you go with, you’ll get a Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission, as well as impressive performance specs. Take an in-depth look below:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque:
- This 3.6L V6 engine delivers up to 205 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. With this engine, you can tow up to 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine:
- HEMI® engines are famous for the power they’re capable of producing. With this 5.7L V8, you’ll get 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque, with a maximum towing capacity of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque:
- The HEMi® 5.7L V8 with eTorque offers identical specs to those above, but your towing power will reach 12,750 pounds.
The RAM 1500 payload capacity will depend on the trim level you choose, but it ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds.
RAM 1500 Towing Features
Your RAM truck will take care of the bulk of the work when you’re towing through Round Rock. However, you’ll be happy to have the following towing features to aid you as the driver:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission:
- The TorqueFlite® transmission works together with the eTorque mild hybrid system, earning the RAM 1500 an EPA-estimated 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes:
- 14.9-inch brakes are the largest in their class on the RAM 1500, so you’ll have increased ability to stop at a moment’s notice.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection:
- With a long trailer in tow, it can be difficult to monitor your blind spots like normal. With this optional system, you’ll be alerted when someone enters your blind spot, with or without a trailer attached.
Explore RAM Towing at Covert Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Austin!
To schedule a test drive near Leander, contact Covert Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram. While you won’t be able to test out the RAM 1500 towing abilities, when you feel the engine power, you’ll understand what it’s capable of right away! If you’re unsure whether a RAM truck is right for you, consult our helpful guide on how to buy a new car. Our team will help you with finding a new truck, learn about financing, teach you about tire rotations, and help you find the best breweries in Austin! We’d also be glad to help you learn the difference between diesel vs. gas trucks.
Also be sure to compare the RAM 1500 vs. RAM 2500, learn more about RAM 1500 fuel efficiency, and check our selection of used RAM 1500 models to make an informed decision with our team. We can also help you learn about available Jeep Wrangler configurations and Grand Cherokee towing with our team!
More from Covert Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
If you’re looking for a high-performance pickup near Westlake, you’re probably familiar with the new RAM 1500. However, you may be wondering, “how much can a RAM 1500 tow?” The 2020 RAM 1500 has a maximum towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, earning it a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. Learn more about the 2020 RAM…
Known for its muscled build and excellent performance capabilities, the 2020 Dodge Charger boasts a top-tier reputation. Offering automobile nostalgia with a design reminiscent of 1960 muscle cars, the new Dodge Charger brings forth new designs and colors. Read on below to learn more about the Dodge Charger interior colors and available types of seating. …
The wait is over to get behind the wheel of an iconic SUV that is as stylish as it is capable. Head to Covert Chrysler Dodge Jeep® RAM to secure a Jeep Wrangler lease and begin your adventure in this rugged model today. Meet with one of our RAM truck Killeen dealers to take a…