How Much Can a RAM 1500 Tow?
When your 2019 RAM 1500 is equipped to do so, you’ll be able to tow up to 12,750 pounds, earning Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing*. For 2019, the new RAM 1500 builds off and improves on the 2018 model year. Explore the RAM 1500 towing capacity and more, below!
RAM 1500 Engine Specs
Westlake drivers will enjoy choosing from three engine options on their RAM 1500. No matter which one you go with, you’ll get a Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission, as well as impressive performance specs. Take an in-depth look below:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque:
- This 3.6L V6 engine delivers up to 205 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. With this engine, you can tow up to 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine:
- HEMI® engines are famous for the power they’re capable of producing. With this 5.7L V8, you’ll get 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque, with a maximum towing capacity of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque:
- The HEMi® 5.7L V8 with eTorque offers identical specs to those above, but your towing power will reach 12,750 pounds.
The RAM 1500 payload capacity will depend on the trim level you choose, but it ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds.
RAM 1500 Towing Features
Your RAM truck will take care of the bulk of the work when you’re towing through Round Rock. However, you’ll be happy to have the following towing features to aid you as the driver:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission:
- The TorqueFlite® transmission works together with the eTorque mild hybrid system, earning the RAM 1500 an EPA-estimated 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes:
- 14.9-inch brakes are the largest in their class on the RAM 1500, so you’ll have increased ability to stop at a moment’s notice.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection:
- With a long trailer in tow, it can be difficult to monitor your blind spots like normal. With this optional system, you’ll be alerted when someone enters your blind spot, with or without a trailer attached.
Explore RAM Towing at Covert Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Austin!
To schedule a test drive near Leander, contact Covert Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram. While you won’t be able to test out the RAM 1500 towing abilities, when you feel the engine power, you’ll understand what it’s capable of right away! If you’re unsure whether a RAM truck is right for you, consult our helpful guide on how to buy a new car. Our team will help you with finding a new truck, learn about financing, teach you about tire rotations, and help you find the best breweries in Austin! Also be sure to compare the RAM 1500 vs. RAM 2500 to be sure you’re weighing all your options.
More from Covert Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
The 2019 Jeep Cherokee interior offers drivers from Westlake and beyond an array of amenities and space to give their daily drives mode convenience and entertainment. No matter if you’re looking for cutting-edge technology features or ample cargo space, the new Jeep Cherokee provides. Explore the interior of this Jeep SUV, then make your way…
Are you wondering how to reset the check engine light on a RAM 1500? It’s easy! Simply follow the following procedure: Disconnect the negative cable from your battery Wait 20 minutes Reconnect the negative cable By doing this, you should reset the internal computer on your RAM 1500, and in turn, reset your RAM 1500…
At Covert Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, we offer a host of Jeep Wrangler features to update and upgrade your drive. From performance to appearance, accessories for the Wrangler will help you get ready for the streets of Round Rock and the trails of Leander. Learn more about customizing your new Wrangler at Covert Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Austin. Contact Us Parts Department Interior…